Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dress 'Gap'

This dress I made for Nia is based on my SIL, Fiza's request to follow a Gap dress she found on the net. Somehow it turned out a bit different but I like it. Excuse the model, she's just too busy playing. I going to make another one for Dina but somehow I couldn't get the shirring done the second time.

At first I meant to have buttons at the front and a simple plain back. Somehow I made the back too big and had to pleat it coz it looked too loose.

After doing that I feel that the buttons look better at the back and have the pleat in front.

So there, my happy baby!

The dress which I was supposed to follow.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dina Dress 1

I made this dress for my niece Dina. Not sure what I should call it since every one I read on the blog has a name for a project, I'll call it Dina Dress. Initially my SIL, Kak Fiza wanted me to make a pyjama with the fabric but it is too sweet and not so cheap for a pyjama. Alas it turned into a Dina Dress. I plan to upload Dina's picture in the dress and show the full length of it in another post. Hence the Dina Dress 1. I used the Simplicity pattern and added the front yoke pleat and tier at the bottom hem to just a bit of 3D and added the ribbon at the back and lace on the front. This is a first short sleeve dress I made. I must say I am very happy that this particular dress I made is very kemas.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The treasure box

Oh yes, I really do treasure this box. I was doing some reorganizing and found that I have accumulated priceless things within the few months of my sewing history. Some self bought, some hand me downs and some were gifts for my happy 'clients'.....:-)

From top left, clockwise :Scissors, a jar of thread, needles, pin cushion (yet to make a nice one for myself), samples of stiches from my sewing machine (all 70 of them), ropes (tali guni), laces

There are also different kinds of buttons, zippers, hooks, interface, bias tape, elastic bands
A plastic cookie jar filled with things like measurement tape, needles, seam ripper, different sewing feet, bobbins and sewing machine accesories. I've got to get a better storage.
It makes it easier as I had a very faithful assistant who loves to arrange the buttons, mess it up and rearranging it again. She takes her job very seriously.
All that packed into one treasure box.
Like a candy store, it attracts other kids as well.

Finally, my latest project. It's 90% percent done. Will update soon.