I think it looks good on her. Don't you think so?
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
An unprofessional sketch of Nia and little one's dress
The little pile of cut fabrics and tops are for dresses and refashions.
1) Refashion : Nia's dress using denim jeans and remnants (soft cotton corduroy and plain cotton) of previous project DONE!
2) The little one's dress using the same material: refashion denim and remnants
3) Dina's little flower cotton dress DONE!
4) Refashion: Nia's flare 3/4 pants (it was supposed to be a 3/4 tights) using my preloved stretchable cotton tract bottom
5) Refashion: Apron for my sister using the denim and cotton
6) Refashion: Nia's dress/top using my cotton T shirt material top
7) A yellow flowered cotton blouse for Nia 1/2 way done a year ago DONE!
8) The same material of 1/2 way done skirt which was supposed to be for the above but cut too small. So this is going to be for the little one. DONE!
9) Refashion : Pink spaghetti strap top for Nia
10) Refashion : White spaghetti strap dress for Nia Whoa! That's a lot to do. Can't wait.....
Sunday, March 13, 2011
The flared jeans. It already has a nice studded pearls just below the pocket line.
Didn't have any other ideas at the moment, so added the string belt.
It looks much better in real life, trust me.
Monday, March 7, 2011
My two 3 year old nephews had a joint birthday party last Sunday. I wanted us (me & Nia) to wear the matchy matchy new maternity blouse and Nia's skirt together. I didn't really have a suitable top for Nia to wear with the skirt. So purrr goes my sewing machine.
(R) The top done and (L) the cut lower body part, cut one side open and you will have a long material for the ruffles.
Cut a few 1" long strip. Fold, pin and sew on the top one first and then start with the second row. The third row I used a 1/2" strip and curvy just to add a bit of fun.
Finally after a sore finger and a few bent needles, the top is done.
And I bought all 3 of the spaghetti strap for RM5.
So I was all set for this. My first refashion and fat quarter project. All I needed was the denim skirt, 3/4 of a fat quarter, 1 meter of cotton lace and 1.5 meter of cross grain ribbon.