Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Turquoise theme Akad Nikah

I just realised I did not update the dress I made for my cousin's akad nikah in Melaka. It was sometime in December 2010. That long ago. The top I made ala kurung moden without pesak and just round neck. I must say the fabric is nice but I look rather naked wearing this. Haha! It is almost skin see through material. I didn't realise it was that jarang. The inner was bought separately. Really, not a suitable attire to go to a kampung akad nikah. Haha! My sister had her eyes popping out when she saw me wearing this, "Are you going to wear something on top or a selendang?" I seldom where selendang unless to a baca yasin or doa kenduri. "Nope. Do you have one?" I suddenly felt too exposed. So I covered my entire body with her big selendang and didn't bother to tell anyone I sew this whole piece myself. I could have just gone with the spagetthi strap, cover myself with the big selendang/shawl and save all the trouble. :P
p/s : So you know I made this the day before, probably tried it once in a very dim room and wore it straight the next day.

The bottom was a rubber waisted kembang payung. Very comfy for a preggy momma. I made this in 1/2 an hour.
The dress I made for Nia was also a last minute thing. I don't know, maybe a day or 2 days before the event but it turned out quite nice. The ribbon on the waist was supposed to be on the right side. When it was finished, I realised it was right in the middle. I don't know how that happened but it is much better. Blessing in disguise. Haha! I'm laughing at myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment