Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I want one too..

As I mentioned in my last post, I made this for a friend. I really like it. Infact, everyone who has seen it thinks its really nice. Thanks all for making my day. A flannel blanket for a baby girl. Hopefully the baby will want to use this. Nia hates blankets. She'll kick and squirm in her sleep until blanket is off her body.

It's really easy to make. I cut the 2 fabric about 1 metre by 1 metre. Sew them together from the wrong sides. Leave 5 inches to turn inside out and sew along the sides about 1/8" seam allowance once this is done. You've made yourself a blanket. I used the rotary cutter, cutting pad and the ruler for the first time after buying it 2 months ago.


Both sides are nice.

I added the baby's initial. Cut the alphabet and heart shape using white and pink flannel fabric.

And sew the applique stitch around it. This is done before the two layers are sewn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment